Thursday 19 April 2012

The Voices In My Head

Last November I decided to enter the competition known as 'The Voice'.  Tonight I watched for the first time on the BBC iPlayer that very show/competition (which was the 4th and last blind audition).  I promised to myself I would never take part in such a thing, but I thought I'd do this one because it was based purely on your voice and not your looks.
When I went for the first audition, we were separated into groups of 10 and one person out of that 10 got through.  The other 9 were amazing to say the least, so I had no hard feelings about being rejected.  However I felt that the acts on display on TV were bloody awful.  The other 9 people that I was in the room with were head and shoulders above the muppets on the the blind audition.  Well not all of them, there were two who were awesome.  One was rejected for sounding too 'operatic'. TOO OPERATIC?  He was the best singer of the whole night for God's sake!  The other performer was because Bill (I refuse to call him Will.I.Am) was holding out.  I don't know his name but he was the guy with the dreadlocks.  In fact there were 2 people at the mercy of Bill who were awesome, but eventually decided upon someone who was 'okay'.  It's my impression from seeing this episode that the people on this show were there because they had a back-story you could play 'You Raise Me Up' in the background to.

The more I think about it, everyone who had been rejected this whole episode were better than anyone who got through.  In fact, in my humble opinion, the other nine people in the room with me, add the couple of people who were rejected in the episode of this episode, and you'd be treated to one hell of a show for the rest of the series.  That's just me however.  I invite your opinion on this.  While your doing that I'll prepare my next post about my experience in this competition.  Just because I didn't get through the first room doesn't mean it was uneventful

No comments:

Post a Comment