Tuesday 24 April 2012

Will We Make It To The Second Star On The Right?

Well tonight was the last dress rehearsal for Peter Pan.  A musical I'm involved with this year where I play the Indian Chief (and backing singing in the first half).  We have been rehearsing for several months now, but tonight was like we were rehearsing for the first time as we were using the flying cables and the most complex set I've ever worked with for the first time tonight as the 'Get In' was only yesterday.

The result was cause for great alarm, as no one seemed to know what was going on, so it was hard to sit through a lot of it.  Not to worry though because now we know how it's all going to pan out (no pun intended).  Tomorrow night's show should be quite spectacular.  In fact, anyone who cares to read this blog, I would urge to come and see us tomorrow, you wont regret it.

On  a personal note however this production is a bit special to me.  I joined the Grove Theatre Group over 20 years ago when I was about 10 or 11.  I did my first production with them about that time which was Robin Hood, where I was involved in the children's chorus.  Now after all this time my son is doing his first production with this group at the age of 6.  As a father I'm quite proud of him.  He doesn't seem nervous, in fact, you can hear him above everyone else.  You'll never need to tell him to project his lines in the future.  Hopefully this will be the first of many shows in the theatre he will be involved with.

So if you're going to this show I hope you'll enjoy it, I'm sure we'll show you something spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment